Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Alyssa is learning to sing . . . first it started with M-I-C-K-E-Y and now she's moved on to show tunes: Hairspray. She knows the rhythm well and can pick up in the middle of the song. And, not unlike Samantha, she loves those big finishes. Al and I get a kick out of it.

We've finished the arbors in the backyard. Just in time too, the trumpet vine is 9 feet long. Now all major outdoor projects are done until Al gets his built-in barbecue. I'm dying to plant some new flowers, but I'll have to wait until late September's cooler weather.

Samantha loved Vacation Bible School and will be going back every year until she's too old. She loved learning and, of course, the singing. Every day before school she'd pull down the bible that she received from her preschool and "read". She'd find what she was learning about and study it. She has started praying before she goes to sleep each night--all of her own accord. She was really disappointed when it was over.

I'm back to a normal work schedule and that normal work-life thing. I'm enjoying the fact that I can actually prepare a healthy, thought-out meal for my family. Now if I could just stay awake past 9 PM then maybe I could watch a movie or read a magazine.

No comments: