Saturday, March 22, 2014

6 Weeks Post-Transplant

My mom is doing well. She's able to venture out to the store in off times. We've been taking 2-mile walks daily. She's getting her hair back slowly, too. Pretty soon the maintenance side of this whole transplant will be in place. She'll have to have the Aredia every three months and then Revlimid, maintenance chemotherapy, sometime after that. I can't recall how often she'll need that.

She hasn't had the sickness like she did after last transplant, but there is a certain amount of sensitivity or taste-shock (I'm not sure what to call it) that comes along with it. Taste is very intense post transplant: mints taste really strong, spicy things are magnified, and sweets are beyond intense.

We're planning our annual girl trips: Arizona and Las Vegas already. I was surprised when my mom asked if me and the girls were still planning to go see my Grandparents for Easter break--she wants to come too! I would have taken the 9-hour drive without her, but I would much rather she come. This has been our tradition for at least 4 years now and I can't imagine missing it. While she won't be able to come join us in the water for the daily visit to the swim center, I'm hoping that she'll be ready to jump in and play when we head to Las Vegas this summer.


No comments: