Thursday, September 20, 2012

Piling it on


I'm not a sit-back-and-watch kind of person. I'm a do-er. That often means I get in over my head.

Take this fall for instance. School started in August. I knew I was already going to be helping in the Library once a month and yet I still asked if I could help out in either of my girls' classes as a Room Parent. And what do you know, there was an opening for Second Grade. 

So you think I would stop there. 

Instead I asked if I could help out with the costumes for this year's Nutcracker production; i.e. I took on the role of coordinating the costumes for 200+ dancers. Duh! 

I really know how to pile it on, don't I?

I'm trying to make a point to coordinate and not dabble in the Nutcracker costuming thing at least. But I will need to be very hands-on with school. 

Truthfully I'm okay with my volunteering this year. I want to help improve and make both things better, more manageable, and enjoyable for other folks too. Most of all I want them to feel appreciated.

The only downside to my plan is that now I have to back burner my kitchen cabinet makeover until January. (Maybe it was self sabotage. I started doubting my color choices for the cabinets the other day. This will give me a little more time to think.)

No comments: