Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Home again

Thursday of last week my mom came home from UCSF. Her numbers went up exponentially from Wednesday to Thursday (from 10 to 67 on platelet count, for example). She got the OK to come home. She was so excited.

In the hospital, she was expected to get at least a minimum of 1,000 calories a day, which she was barely hitting. At home, however, she's a champ. I bet she's getting 1,000 calories at breakfast. Now that she can control what she eats and eats what she wants, she's doing much better. She's been getting back in the grind slowly, with lots of breaks in between.

My kids decided to go and get sick this week with some respiratory virus and so it will be a while before I get to see her. I'm bummed, but more that my kids are sick with no end in sight.

No comments: