Sunday, May 3, 2009

May

I spent a wonderful day with my mom. We went to a flower arranging class in Monterey and then enjoyed shopping and being together. I needed that.

Al and I are doing well. Just busy plugging away with work. I've got to finish up the Preschool yearbooks this week and I'll be done with my obligations for this year. I admit that I've really enjoyed putting the books together. Who knew I was good at scrapbooking, even if it is digital.

Samantha is growing like a weed. She's going to be crushed when preschool ends at the end of this month. She'll have swimming lessons this summer, but not until July. I need to get my act together and go visit some dance studios. I don't know what she'll like, although I have an inkling that it will be Hip Hop dance.


Alyssa is busy walking, sometimes too fast. She's already got her first black eye from running with a truck in her hand. She cried but was okay. The only disconcerting thing is her food allergies. We know that she's allergic to casein, which includes all dairy. But she's very allergic to something else and were not sure what: strawberries, avocado, salmon, and/or beef. Right now we're trying to get over the most horrible diaper rash either of the kids have ever had. Of course it started as an allergic reaction to something she ate. Sometimes I feel so helpless and wish that we could figure this out. So when her system clears we'll have to bring these foods back in and watch. It's a really sucky process.


At any rate, life still goes on. We're in the process of finishing the landscaping in our backyard. It has taken us nearly 7 years, but we're almost there. We should be able to finally relax in June.

No comments: