Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thank goodness that the week is over. It's been a tough one. The kids are back at Tanya's and maybe next week I'll be back to my routine.

My computer was hijacked this week and it was devasting. I sobbed, yes sobbed, for quite a while trying not to throw it out the window. I had a good reason for being so upset: this is my work, my job, my livelihood. With layoffs the quarterly expectation, being incapacitated by a dead computer is too much to handle. On top of that I had to worry about my bank accounts and all the bill paying I do on the computer. Everything was compromised.

I have to thank my "CHUCK" (Geek Squad) for doing such a wonderful job fixing it. They deleted my hard drive. It sounds horrible, but the computer is now operating like it was the first day.

Kevin is here in town for a while, which I'm really happy about. However, he's had his fourth (I think) shoulder surgery on Thursday. He's recuperating while nurse Mom takes care of him. He's doing much better, although I can't stop envisioning the scene from Harry Potter where he spends the night growing his bones back. I am still having a hard time figuring out how exactly a doctor grafts bone.

Al and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary this week--10 years together. We are so grateful to have each other and our beautiful girls. Life gets better every year.

Samantha finishes school on Tuesday. I can't believe we're saying goodbye to our first year of preschool. She can't wait to start pre-K in fall. Unfortunately she didn't get into the am class. I'm not sure what that means for us as far as daycare goes. It will be intersting to see how she behaves when she doesn't get a daily nap.

Alyssa cut her fist molar and has been a tyrant all week. We're in for it with this kid. She's going to be a stubborn girl. She's already really jealous of Samantha. Today she wanted to have me all to herself so she tried to pinch Samantha. I've even watched her walk to me and then shove Samantha off my lap.

Oh, these girls.

No comments: