Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's been a while. I don't know if anyone actually reads this, but what the heck.



We've had a busy couple of months. Samantha finished her preschool 3's class in May. We had a good time at the end of the year school picnic. We've just been notified that Samantha got in to the morning Pre-k class--she was slated for afternoon. We're really happy about this change. She's going to begin swim lessons next week. She's going to go for two weeks. I hope she likes it. In August she's going to Vacation Bible school at her preschool. Her teacher, Ms. Anna, (from last year) is going to be helping.



Alyssa is doing great. She's now 29 inches long and 19 pounds. (Samantha was this big at 10 months.) She's starting to talk up a storm, but it's hard to decipher what she's saying. Her new favorite word is Gam-ma-ma, which makes my mom pretty happy. She is always dancing and jumping and tackling (mom mostly). She cut her two eye teeth today, only 6 more to go (that we can see anyway).



I've been working a lot. I am looking at 60-plus hour weeks until the end of August. I'm none too happy about that. In the evenings I've been catching up on Harry Potter, rereading all 7 books before the movie comes out. I've got a project in the garage--painting an armoire--that I've been ignoring. And Samantha's been begging me to paint her room purple.



Al's doing well. Work hasn't been too stressful so that is good. He's been working, with a lot of help from Gordon, on the two large arbors in the backyard. We started about two plus months ago and still aren't finished. But at this point it is well beyond my phyisical abilities. He's been running about 3 miles at least 3 times a week, which I totally give him kudos for--the most exercise I get is when I mop and mow the lawn.

We all took a trip to Disneyland last week. It was terrific. The weather was fantastic and the kids had a blast--we all did. My parents came along with us and seemed to enjoy themselves. They were good sports about riding Dumbo and going on the really slow rides. Samantha wants to go back next weekend. Boy, do I wish it were that easy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read your blogs and love them. I am so happy she got in the am class at school. I was confounded when Jonathan's teacher moved him to the afternoon class (more academics). Hopefully you will adjust as we hope to as well.
So sorry about all the long hours.
Our web site went down about a month ago and the web admin (our friend in Euless,TX-has a server in his closet) will be setting it up again.
So glad to hear that Gordo is helping out, muscles are good.
Hope to talk at you soon.