Thursday, September 17, 2009

One week of school and both kids have been sick. Alyssa has had stomach and cold viruses and now Samantha has an upset tummy and a headache. Oh the joys of school! I hope this is not indicative of the entire year.

On a brighter note, Uncle Kevin came to visit these last two days. We had hoped to see him today, but with Samantha not feeling well we banished all visitors. We had a nice visit yesterday and hope to get up to the city to see him soon.

We're planning a trip to Yosemite in two weeks. Hopefully everyone will be well. It's been a year since we've been camping--too long. It should be a blast. Al has never been to Yosemite and I'm sure he'll be in awe.

I did get some compensation from all my overtime. I had hoped it would be an entire paycheck, but I knew that was some wishful thinking. I was pleased with the $200 that came in the mail today.

We're on our next musical voyage--The Beatles. The girls love The Beatles. It makes me smile when they ask if we can turn on The Beatles so they can dance. Maybe we'll go John Coltrane or B.B. King next.

No comments: