Saturday, January 16, 2010

Waiting for the Rain

It's been a good Saturday. Samantha and I took a little trip to Gilroy to look for a special toilet seat that has a kid seat and you can flip it up for an adult seat. We couldn't find one that fit, of course. But then I remember that there is this nifty potty training concepts web site that sells these kinds of things. Our trip wasn't for naught--Samantha did get her two swords. Yes, swords. They are foam and were at the dollar spot at Target. She and Daddy love to play Peter Pan and Captain Hook, so I thought she could learn the right way to use a sword.

We're waiting for four massive storms to head our way. The National Weather Service expects the low-lying inland areas to get between 4-8 inches. It should be fun. We're stocked up on food, water, and batteries. So we'll be okay should we lose power. The kids have never seen rain like this. We'll see whether or not they go stir crazy. Hopefully we can keep it interesting. If all else fails, we have FOUR rented kids movies for this weekend.

Al has been busy meeting with a job consulting service in San Jose and trying to get a hold of unemployment. They finally sent a notice today, but his income wasn't right by nearly $10k. Don't know what we're going to do there. . . . I bet it will take another two weeks to get that straightened out.

Other than that all is well. Kids are busy and happy. Alyssa is adding new sentences or words each day. Her new favorite is "cookie."

I've also started another blog. You'll see it to the right in my blog list. It is called "One Mouth at a Time." I'm blogging about food, which I love to eat and create. I've been creating my own recipes for a while now, so I decided to write about it. Hopefully there is some interest. I'll include my home-tested recipes from time to time. Please let me know if you've tried them and if they were successful.

No comments: