Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sunny Day

The sun was out today and we were so excited. After our Saturday morning routine we couldn't wait to get home and put on our t-shirts and play outside. It was about 67 degrees, which feels great in winter.

Al ran his 20 miles in Monterey today. He did it, although not without pain, but he has such a sense of accomplishment. He will taper his run for the next few weeks until the Napa Marathon on March 7th. We were looking at the route today--beautiful. I wish I could run with him. They'll start in Calistoga (where he proposed to me) and then through St. Helena and Yountville to Napa. It is truly one of the most beautiful areas. I hope that the weather is nice and it doesn't rain. But I'll be there, nevertheless, cheering him on.

I just finished knitting myself an eggplant-colored, bordered scarf. It's the first time I did a border. It wasn't difficult and it took me only two weeks. Keep in mind that I only get an hour here or there to work on it. Overall it was probably about 3-4 hours. I can knit a hat in a day if it's simple enough. I've been working on the girls' "Peter Pan" hats. (They're green--that is why they are Peter Pan hats.)

I'm hoping to get the armoire finished this long weekend. I'll be so happy when we can get it out of the garage. I have to apply some wax for a faux antique finish and then one or two more coats of paint. It's been a long process, but it will be worth it. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

For now I'll leave you with the sweetest pic of the girls.

No comments: