Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I brought Al home today. He improved a lot since last evening. He couldn't sleep so he did two laps around the ICU. He can get himself up out of bed and is moving around much better. Before we left he took his first shower in nearly a week. I'm sure it felt really good. He loved the flannel pants and shirt that my mom and I made for him.

We left around noon. He was nauseated from the pain meds so I stopped and got him a sandwich from Andronico's Market. He ate the whole thing!

The car ride home was okay until we got to about Gilroy where the freeway changes to highway. The road is rougher and uneven. He started to feel sick again. We made it home and he quickly got in bed to stave off the nausea. He fell right asleep. I'm sure he'll recover faster now that he's home and in his own bed.

So next week we'll have a post-op with a local cardiologist and then we'll go back up to see Dr. Fischbein in a month.

Now that he's home I can get some rest and the kids will finally be at ease.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers, words of encouragement, and offers of help throughout all of this. You've made it much easier to cope for all of us.

Much love,

Erin

No comments: