Thursday, December 9, 2010

Truths

I'd be lying if I said I'm handling all of this well. I actually feel like I'm coming apart at the seams most of the time. And the kids seem to be challenging authority more. It could be that they're unhappy because they're getting a lot less attention from me. I'm sure it's a combination of everything.

Al has been doing a lot more: wanting to partake in some of the things he did before like barbecuing. As a result he's put more strain on himself and I feel like he's set himself back a week or more. Things like pulling in empty garbage cans and opening the sliding glass door have contributed to this. And I worry more when he's sitting there rubbing his sternum or the area where the drainage tubes came out.

He's off the Percoset. It was working to manage the pain, but he was so nauseated that it wasn't worth it. So maybe this pain is normal. I just don't know and that is what scares me.

No comments: