Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

A guess this year I should be better about blogging. Work, school, and The Nutcracker usurped the latter half of 2011.

Here's a recap:
September and October brought school and flag football. Alyssa got in a preschool routine and loved it. She can't wait to go every day. Al co-coached the 7th grade flag football team this year. There were a lot fewer games this year and it seemed a lot fewer teams in the league.

Samantha auditioned for the Nutcracker in late September and played/danced three different parts, not including the Court Scene and finale. She was a mouse, a snowflake, and a ginger cookie. The ginger cookie was the biggest role she had--all four shows. We started rehearsing in October for a few hours every weekend.

November came with a trip to North Dakota for me. I was stuck inside a hotel most of the time and didn't see what North Dakota has to offer. I can say, however, that the people are the nicest you'll ever meet. I'd like to go back and explore there some more. They have about 7 different Native American tribes in their little state, they have oodles of oil, and beautiful prairies, from what I hear.

My mom and I became sewing maniacs and worked on several different costumes for The Nutcracker. My mom made the most beautiful platter skirts for the icicles. The girls felt like princesses. We finished up at 11:30 the night before dress rehearsal. Whew!

I started back at the gym after a two month hiatus. My pre-New Year's MO is to lose 20 pounds. I'm down five. Unfortunately, I've not done so well the last two weeks of December. We all came down with a chest/cough thingy so I've been avoiding activity. Luckily I've kept off that five pounds. I am excited to get back into the routine tomorrow after Samantha goes back to school.


We had a nice Christmas. I was so happy that the kids really only got one toy a piece. They loved what they got and were plenty happy with their gifts. Yay!



Uncle Kevin's gift--HK dress

Samantha's globe
We are hoping that Al will find a job this year and that we all are healthier and more active.

-Erin

No comments: