Saturday, January 14, 2012

2011 confessions and 2012 musings

I don't really believe in Near Year's Resolutions. If I'm going to change something in my life I think I'd be better served doing it when it needs to occur rather than when the masses deem it appropriate.

I've put on a considerable amount of weight after I had Alyssa thanks to a busy life and a lovely little pill called amitriptyline. At my highest I weighed more than my dad. (Boo Hoo) So I decided in December to do something about it. I joined Weight Watchers.

Friends have lost weight and kept it off on WW. I figured it could only help.

It's been a slow process, but I've dropped 5 lbs. I've been going to the gym every day and have started to beef up my workouts. And I'm not completely obsessed with it, but WW has helped me think about what I eat and how little activity I was actually doing. I'm making time for myself every day. On the weekends when I'm more family oriented, I find myself missing the workout.

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed today when I was cutting a skirt pattern and I had to add two inches onto the pattern pieces to make it work for me. I've never had to do that. But I should be comforted knowing that according to this pattern a size 6 person has a 23-inch waist. For crying out loud my 6.5 year old has a 22-inch waist. I have to remind myself that I'm getting hung up on a number. And when this skirt is done I'll feel so pretty in it. And it WILL look good on me. (I guess after that comment I've committed to posting a pic of myself in said skirt.)

I feel good about my decision to join WW and take control of my weight. I do feel much better about myself since starting and may actually look forward to putting on a bathing suit this summer. But don't hold me to that one. ;)

No comments: