Friday, June 21, 2013

Evils

When I woke this morning I thought someone had kicked me in the head:
pounding, couldn't see straight, throbbing--migraine.

The culprit is the darn medicine the neurologist gave me for the swelling in my hands. It's a heavy-duty, anti-inflammatory. It hasn't done a thing for the swelling, but it has helped with the pain.

This week, however, I started to notice a pattern: if I didn't take the medicine the same time each day then a headache started. This morning it finally caught up with me.

I would rather deal with the pain and swelling than with a migraine.

I've been down this road before and I had one month of withdrawal symptoms before I kicked the culprit prescription. Fun stuff.

So it's holistic for me: Ice, braces, and acupuncture until they can figure out what this really is.

No comments: