Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Finding time

One to four nights a week Al and Samantha go off to Shrek rehearsals at 6. I finish work at 4:30 and need to have dinner on the table by 5:30 when Al gets home, otherwise they don't get to eat until 9 or 10 at night. Eight-year-old children don't process well without food, I've found.

It feels crazy. And I have some guilt about what I can manage to put on the table--fish sticks are getting a little tired.

But I'm finding time to relish the quiet, alone time I get with Alyssa before she's off to bed. She loves to help me clean up, fold laundry, water the plants. Simple and lovely all at the same time. We can sit and cuddle and get all that one on one time that a second child doesn't always get.

I love how she just wants me to kiss her freckly moles until she giggles. My sweet-pea.


No comments: