Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy H1N1 Holiday

So this was to be a very eventful week . . . as most of my plans go. I was hoping to get together with a few of my girlfriends and their kids. It's been long overdue.

Alyssa has had a runny nose for a week now, no big deal except that she woke with a fever this morning. So I kept an eye on her and called the doctor, thinking ear and or sinus infection. So I was aghast when the doctor says I think she's got influenza (aka H1N1). She was vaccinated, too. Okay, I knew it was a possibility, but how, where, when. We haven't taken her even to a grocery store. She's been at home with family, none of whom have had any symptoms. So what now? The doctor says we need to confine ourselves to home. No trips to the grocery store, park, etc. So much for my plans. Tomorrow we have to go in to the doctor's office again for a urine test unless the fever magically disappears by bedtime tonight.

Thank goodness we got a lot of thought-provoking toys from family and Santa. Those should keep us occupied and me sane, hopefully.

No comments: