Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April showers bring . . .

Finally, my six plus hellish weeks of work are coming to a close. It's always a challenge when trying to do your job, which relies another 50% on someone else. There isn't much you can do but wait when that person doesn't hold their weight. I'm glad to settle out of that. If anything, it cost me $120 in migraine medication. Ouch.

We're all hanging in there. Al has been job hunting, working in Samantha's classroom, and running. He has the Big Sur Marathon coming up on April 25th. He'll be part of a relay team. Next week Al will travel to Sunnyvale to learn about becoming a mentor for Team in Training. If they choose him, he'll be able to support new folks without the financial obligation. I know he'd like to continue--he loves it.

Last night was the farewell celebration for the Winter Season. Al received an award for Most Likely to Run Through a Brick Wall and Not Feel It. That pretty much sums it up.

Samantha has her kinder assessment in two weeks. It'll be interesting. I wonder if I'll be allowed to be there? Sometimes I think she does better when she thinks I'm not there.

Alyssa is getting big. She celebrated her second birthday on March 17th. Two already! She's talking more clearly than before. She's doing a lot more imagination play too. At her well visit she weighed 23 lbs and measured 32.5 inches. I had to get out Samantha's paperwork from her two year visit to compare. Samantha was 26 lbs and 34.5 inches--just a little bit bigger. But it's good to see that they are growing at the same rate.

I ordered a toddler bed for Alyssa. She's really ready for a bed, even though we aren't. Actually, I hurt a rib the other day trying to get her out of the crib. If that isn't a clue that it's time then I don't know what is!

No comments: