Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Lawn King

After nearly 8 years in our house, Al has finally taken charge of the lawn. Last year we found out that I was allergic to grass and the doctor asked that I not mow the lawn anymore. I was truly sad because I found it very zen. So I gave the task to Al and he took it, begrudgingly. Then we bought him a manual lawn edger--the kind on a stick with a rotating blade. Suddenly he was a changed man.

The fist time he used the edger he spent about 4 hours cleaning things up. (The first time is always the hardest.) And now if the grass grows an eighth of an inch, he wants to mow it. Today he spent two hours going over the grass to pluck every single dandelion and every magnolia leaf off the lawn. I even caught him trimming the fern.

Now if he could only apply that same enthusiasm to mopping, dusting, and vacuuming!

No comments: