Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tonight we had our first Family Sock Hop at school. It was $5 for our family for dancing, pizza and drinks. Al and I sat down and watched our girls run around. They love to dance, but since they are so little they were more interested in playing with other kids. I know a few parents in our class since we went to school together, and I'm slowly meeting the others.

Al is enjoying coaching. I can't wait to go to the boys' first home game. He has been busy searching for jobs, but it is so frustrating and depressing sometimes. He finally got an interview with a great company, but they decided to go with someone else because he was overqualified. What else is there if you can't even get a simple job? And it's really hard not to get our hopes up.

I've started taking Samantha to church and she loves it. She reminds me of myself at her age. She loves being there, but gets tired about 50 minutes into mass. Good thing it only lasts an hour. I am very proud that she can sit still and pay attention during mass, too. She still has a difficult time understanding why she can't have Communion yet. She does like going up to the Father for a blessing, however.

I get to work in Samantha's class next month. I can't wait to see how it all goes. Until then I just get to relish in the stories she brings home about how much she loves her class--PE is her favorite right now. :)

No comments: