Thursday, December 30, 2010

Post Christmas Quasi Vacation

I spent most of my "vacation" in front of my computer--working. I can't really complain because I love my job and we have been sick. We postponed our trip to my Grandparents' house in Arizona. Overall, I think it was a good decision. I really couldn't see me and my mom on the side of Tehachapi pass putting on tire chains. Don't get me wrong, we can certainly wield a sledgehammer, but cars are not our forte.

Instead we've been vegging to Barbie movies with the girls and gorging ourselves on the huge basket of Marich chocolate we won at a school fundraiser. I think I've gained three pounds since Christmas. I must admit that we had enough tamales left over that I ate them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a few days. Do you blame me? They are so addicting.


Now that the tree is down and all of Christmas is packed away I'm in "project" mode. I have so many things spinning around in my head. I don't know what I'd like to do first. Since I've started sewing with my mom I've started thinking of more things I can make, but I want to do them all at once. My new idea is a king-sized duvet. It seems fairly simple but finding the fabric that won't cost a fortune is going to be a challenge. I always like the the most expensive stuff! Good taste, I say.

No comments: