Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Wrath of Alyssa

It's amazing how a two year old can make life hell. I don't know what I did to deserve the wrath of Alyssa, but it's in full fury right now. Today I decided I couldn’t take any more. Just when I thought I was going to scream until my throat hurt, I took a deep breath and walked away. I closed the door on her somber face and took Samantha to school.

You wouldn't think that is such a big deal, but this is Alyssa's favorite part of the morning. She loves to walk into class and help Sissy do her jobs. So when I got back home, Alyssa had given into daddy and was dressed and waiting for me to pick her up. Of course she assumed that I would take her to school, instead I dropped her off at daycare.

I keep trying to figure out what I did. Could it have been that she is upset now that we are back in the "routine"? She did get to spend two weeks at home with me. Or could it be that I called for the diaper fairy too soon? Well that didn't pan out anyway! Oh well. I am trying to look forward to my weekend, but that means no break from the fury.

No comments: