Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Yesterday my brother and my sister-in-law took Samantha to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Kevin has been waiting for a day like this since they day she was born.

Samantha was just tall enough to ride most of the rides and was up for everything: upside-down rides included. (Yuck!) It was a perfectly sunny day--not too hot and not cold.

Kevin and Tara sent me pictures throughout the afternoon showing how much fun they were having.

The Log Ride
I told them both that they were in the midst of "the best day ever." And sure enough Samantha leaned over to Kevin at one point and told him "Best Day Ever, Uncle Nono."

They spent several hours on nearly every ride and then some. A couple of Boardwalk meals later they decide to go eat dinner at the wharf before the ride home.

Tired girl
Samantha wasn't up for much conversation at that point and soon after they were finished and in the car they found her sound asleep.

When they finally got home Kevin confessed, "I don't know how you do it. One kid is exhausting enough, but two?!"

I'm glad he appreciates me as a mom and not just as a sister. And it was nice to see him get a full dose of "kid" for the day. He and Tara were worn out, but had a lot of fun.

Best Day Ever!  Thanks for Kevin and Tara giving Samantha memories to cherish for a lifetime!


No comments: