Sunday, December 29, 2013

Alyssa missed her first big Christmas Program this year. She had her tonsils and adenoids out the Monday prior and wound up with a fever the day of. So I sent Samantha off to the Christmas Program with my parents while Al drove straight from work.

Alyssa was upset. She'd worked so hard memorizing her song, "Away in a Manger." Alas, she was too ill to go.


Today is one of my favorite days at Mass: the celebration of The Holy Family. I love the readings and the gospel, and especially the music--all of my favorite Christmas songs in one Mass.

During today's Mass we sang "Away in a Manger." I fought back tears the entire time as Alyssa sang her little heart out and went through all the motions of her missed Christmas Program performance. It was awe-full and lovely. She was so happy and my heart was full.




No comments: