Monday, March 24, 2014

Dr. Seuss Party--Alyssa turns 6!


Alyssa has been so enamored by anything and everything Dr. Seuss. We decided to give her a Dr. Seuss themed family part this year. No St. Patty's day fare this year. 

Pinterest had a wealth of ideas to start us out. We made truffle trees out of pool noodles and feather boas. The pool noodles would often fall over, but they were kind of whimsical in that way. I painted them with spray paint. We won't be able to take them into the pool, but we will use them for other things. 

I stumbled on this Etsy shop where one can purchase all the elements for a photo booth. For $3.95, I couldn't pass it up. My mom and I spent an hour or so cutting out Dr. Seuss characters for a silly photo session. We had the Cat in the Hat, the Lorax, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and Ten Apples Up on Top.

My mom frosted the cake per Alyssa's request. I'm not the best cake froster. I need to take a class on cake decorating. It turned out well and Alyssa was happy.


Despite the near 90 degree weather in March, we had a great day with our family. And Alyssa's admission that it was the "best day ever" was enough to make me a very happy momma.






No comments: