Thursday, December 17, 2009

Last day of School in 09

Today is Samantha's last day in preschool until Christmas break. Tonight she has her Christmas Program, which should, as always, be super cute. In lieu of sharing food with the other families, we had decided to come home and have a nice dinner here. BUT, my poor mom called me this morning to let me know she had the stomach flu. Not fun and even worse considering that she's been suffering with some of the worst back pain she's ever had. It's largely muscle related, and difficult to get into massage at the doctor's office.

Samantha was very excited to go to school today and give her friends all little gifts: a Christmas-themed pencil and eraser. Her teacher, Ms. Tina, is ready for the holiday . . . the kids have been so wound up with the holidays near that we spent 45 minutes on the playground yesterday so they could expend their energy. Tins said that the afternoon class has been spending 1.5 hours every afternoon this week on the playground because they are way too wound up. They make our kids look like angels. Hmm, this couldn't have anything to do with the fact that we only have 3 boys in our class could it?

I've got three more days of work and then I'm off until January. I sure as heck can't wait. The kids will be in Tanya's through Wednesday of next week, so I'll get a bit of break. And I have mountains of presents to wrap.

No comments: