Sunday, October 20, 2013

Its been a long week, but we made it through with a lot of tears and promises for the future.

Samantha had to say goodbye to two of her classmates (brother and sister twins) as they moved out of state. Samantha and her bestie got to squeeze in two play dates and lots of quality time and I got to enjoy breakfast with their mom one last time.

We bought Samantha's best friend packages of stationery and some pens to write and a framed picture of the two of them on the first day of school this year. I got choked up when Samantha's best friend said, "As soon as my desk is unpacked, this picture is going on it."

Of course Samantha sobbed and asked if she could go with them. Both my kids have been asking when we can move too.

I can't wait to book us a flight to Denver and spend a week playing in Colorado for the summer. I'll miss the twins, but I this last year I was getting to know the twins' mom well. I'm bummed that they moved too, but know that we'll keep in touch.

Some friendships are worth the extra effort and this is one of those.




No comments: